This tutorial will teach you how to connect your Github Pages website to a custom domain
- Register a custom domain. If you don’t have one yet, you can use Freenom to get a free one.
- In Github navigate to the repository you wish to connect to the custom domain.
- Ensure The Setting source Is Set To master or /docs and press the save button
- The settings for choosing a custom domain will now be shown. Type the domain which you would like to use. I’d go with something like www.example.com or subdomain.example.com
- Press save.
- Now is the time to connect your domain to a DNS proxy such as Cloudflare.
- In your domain’s DNS settings, configure the following item.
- If you’re using a subdomain (for example subdomain.example.com) change www to the subdomain you chose.
- Also, replace USERNAME with the Github username of the repository owner.
This page was imported from the old blog with little to no modifications